Maybe you don’t buy avocados as often as you’d like to because you use half and the other half turns brown and rots practically overnight? You wouldn’t be the only one! I eat lots of avocados, so I started thinking – if we mix in lime or lemon juice when we make Guacamole and that helps the guac to not turn brown, then maybe it would work for the cut side of the avocado?
Then I realized it was probably the acid in the citrus juice, and maybe tomatoes would work? Well, hell yeah tomato works! I take the cut side of a tomato (almost always used in conjunction with avocados) and rub the juice on the exposed avocado. The surface turns brown, but it seems that it stops right there!!
If this isn’t enough to get you to eat avocado everyday (1/4 to 1/2), here’s some more tidbits:
- Avocados are almost as good as blueberries for brain health!
- Avocado fat is mono-unsaturated fat – good for healthy blood flow, so the fat is good for the brain too!
- Avocado is known for lowering blood pressure!
- Avocado is rich in glutathione-producing compounds to help protect your cells from free radical damage, eliminate toxins, help energy production and immune system functions!
- Avocados promote liver health by protecting it from toxic acid overload and boosting its cleansing power!
- Avocados target the health and function of the womb and the cervix – and they look just like these organs!
- Research shows that when a woman eats just one avocado per week, it helps to balance her hormones, shed post-delivery birth weight and prevents cervical cancers!
- AND, it takes exactly NINE months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit!
- And, if all this isn’t enough to eat more avocados, there’s over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in the avocado – but modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them.